Getting started with eSCAPE¶
Earth Landscape (eSCAPE) is a long-term surface evolution model, built to simulate topography dynamic, sediment transport and sedimentary basins formation at various space and time scales.
eSCAPE is an open-source Python-based code and can be used to simulate:
- hillslope processes (soil creep using linear diffusion),
- fluvial incision (stream power law),
- sediment transport and deposition,
- spatially and temporally varying tectonics (vertical displacements) and
- climatic forces (rainfall) and/or sea-level fluctuations.